Monday

Manila Killa

Been listening to Chris Lake's Essential Mix and it has been pretty standard so far. Nothing crazily good I mean, just a 'does what it says on the tin' kinda feel, but hey, its only Chris Lake so what do I expect?!

Anyway you flippin puppies, I mentioned in the previous post that i'd contacted Manila Killa after also posting one of there choons on here, and those fine fellows got back to me sharpish.

So the q&a goes something like this...

Put a Bibeat on it said

I'm from England, you're from the US. What would you perceive as the biggest difference in their perspective 'dance music' scenes?


Manila Killa

I actually just moved back to the motherland, Manila, Philippines recently, to finish up my last year in high school! It's been a great experience so far, as I get to enjoy the horrors of their academic IB program! Back on point - I think the main difference between the two dance music scenes in the US and the UK is the conservative level of the music. The United States are fairly new to the scene, and are therefore experimenting with their sound. But soon the United States will have its place in dance music. Unfortunately, I could be wrong (I am only 17) and I haven't experienced as much as I wanted to. The only show I've been to was to watch Deadmau5 perform for Washington D.C. back in November. It took place near a rundown neighborhood, but soon it will be that America will appreciate dance music as much as the UK does, to the point where everyone can conveniently enjoy it.

Who is the real Manila Killa?

The REAL Manila Killa is me, who is responding to this message (Chris Gavino). In the past year I worked with my close cousin in the States. He helped a lot with the ideas, and I mainly worked on the productions of the songs. And since I am also back in Manila, I am able to work with my close Indian friend, who has no musical experience, but whom I'm sure can share a lot of curry for our late night studio sessions! Music is just a hobby for now, but I hope it can develop into something more.

Which of your featured Soundcloud creations/mixes/mash ups took the longest/really got on your ball sacking nerves and why?

The featured Soundcloud song that I think took the longest was my recent remix of The Glitch Mob's "Drive It Like You Stole It" featuring a rapper and friend who I've known since the 6th grade. Marionik is his name, and he will be doing big things in the future (He's only entering his 2nd year in high school!). The reason why it took the longest is because it was catered for another person to do vocals over, and this was the first time I had ever collaborated, so I wanted it to be perfect.

Manila Killa

Many thanks to Manila Killa for his input and quick response. I wonder if Deadmau5 will answer some questions? Rusko? Hospital?