Sunday

A Slower Beat Per Minute

Nu Disco. Apparently is music with influences from the 70's or 80's and it works, whether its synth heavy or disco-esk it doesn't really matter. Obviously it's been around for a while but some releases recently have caught my ear. Zane Lowe recently spouted about how happy he was that people were catching onto the slower bpm variety (110-120) of Nu Disco, so heres a selection of what's in my bag at the minute with Zane in mind...
First single off their new album, with the very joyful Louis on duty here. He says "I made this inbetween working on my own stuff, just a bit of fun" - So enjoy and don't take it too seriously.
Very popular with my speakers this track. Danger bounces and bends the electro pop through a lovely 5 mins very easily. Was in the Choon Chart for a long time.
I discovered this while getting bored listening to Axwell's Top Ten tracks of the month. More 80's pop than 70's disco but top vocals and well balanced track that never lets go of you.
Big love to Earmilk for their continual love of electronic beats.
Enjoy... and let me know what you think of the choons.